Tuesday, 13 December 2011

ESL TRADING SOFTWARE

I've seen a lot of positive feedback online recently with regard to ESL's DAY TRADING SOFTWARE.

I have been using ESL Day Trading Software since 2003. ESL DT7.0 is a fantastic piece of software but it is not easy to learn. There are a couple of books published which go into the formula writing etc by Howard Bandy which aren't too bad. The beauty of ESL DT7.0 is it is very customizable and the processing speed is incredible, the range of formulas you can experiment with seems to know no end. ESL DT7.0 is one of those bits of software which has so many features, most likely you will only use less than 10%. Because of its complexity, I have it now set up in a certain mode and don't venture past that in case I upset my settings. At one point in time I did numerous backtests, in the hundreds, it is extremely fast in that area, but now don't do these as there is not the need. You get to know what does and doesn't work. The strengths of ESL Day Trader 7.0 for me has been the ability to devise great stock scanners and to experiment with trading concepts. The downside is the complexity of learning the formulas. ESL Trading in itself becomes a hobby and the formula writing very much fun once you get it. For new aspiring ESL Trading enthusiasts, I would suggest download some ready made formulas, then study those by going into the formula editor and by playing around and copy and paste you will get a good idea how the code works. I would only recommend ESL DT7.0 if you are a bit of a trading and coding nerd and love designing stuff, otherwise maybe try something else as this software will soak up your time.

1 comment:

  1. Stock market provides a great opportunity to invest and make money. A proper understanding of the market is a prerequisite to make money here.
    Epicresearch

    ReplyDelete